Thursday 13 October 2011

Facing up!

Well, I've been in Stromness for exactly one week now and so far I like it.

It's been strange walking (& cycling) around the streets of the town, seeing all the new faces, and not being sure who I'm supposed to know from the Church. My tactic has been to smile sweetly at everyone. It's not a bad tactic, though I suppose some people think I'm a grinning idiot!

The theme of Sundays service is faces. I hope to see yours there on Sunday, preferably smiling.

The Bible Readings are:Exodus 33: 12-23/Matthew 22:15-22

To comment on this Blog you need to have a google account, they are free! Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping you don't feel so lonely on your blog now!

    Your strategy about smiling is spot on. I often think that the difference between Stromness and a big city is that very habit of catching someone's eye and smiling. Here, it shows interest and welcome. In a city, it is threatening.

    My aunt, when she worked in the Tourist Office, was once asked by a visitor if Orcadians were taught at school to smile like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've still been smiling this week, despite the wind and rain. Nearly got blown off the bike a couple of times too!

    ReplyDelete